The Board of Trustees shall make school facilities and grounds under its jurisdiction available as a civic center to citizens and community groups for the following purposes, subject to district policies and regulations. Further information and forms are available on the links to the left..
1. Public, literary, scientific, recreational, educational, or public agency meetings.
2. The discussion of matters of general or public interest.
3. The conduct of religious services for temporary periods, on a one-time or renewable basis by any church or religious organization which has no suitable meeting place for the conduct of services, provided the Board imposes a charge at least equal to the district's direct costs.
4. Child care programs to provide supervision and activities for children of preschool and elementary school age.
5. The administration of examinations for the selection of personnel or the instruction of precinct Board members by public agencies.
6. Supervised recreational activities.
7. Mass care and welfare shelters during disasters or other emergencies affecting the public health and welfare. The Board shall grant the use of school buildings, grounds. and equipment to public agencies, including the American Red Cross, and shall cooperate in furnishing and maintaining such services as it deems necessary to meet community needs. (Education Code 38132)
8. Other purposes deemed appropriate by the Board.
The Board shall not grant the use of school facilities for any of the following activities:
1. Any use by an individual or group for the commission of any crime or any act prohibited by law.
2. Any use of school facilities or grounds which is inconsistent with their use for school purposes or which interferes with the regular conduct of school or school work.
3. Any use which is discriminatory in the legal sense.
4. Any use which involves the possession, consumption, or sale of alcoholic beverages or any restricted substances on school property.